The mission of the Committee is:
- To improve the professional image and standing of IFIA member companies within the Metals and Minerals Inspection and Testing Industry (the industry) with clients and official bodies.
- To provide a single point of contact between companies within the industry and with external bodies (clients, government agencies, standards organisations etc.) in order to project the collective views and experience of the industry.
- To develop and promote technical standards within the industry that are driven by a clear industry need and which fall outside the current scope of ISO / ASTM projects.
- To work as an educational group:
- when we take the services offered by IFIA member companies into new business sectors within the industry
- to attract high potential talent to the industry
- Within the framework of IFIA, to develop, promote and internally police the minimum ethical standards to which all members of IFIA are required to adhere.
- To provide an open forum for members to discuss and resolve important inspection and testing issues.
- To attract new member companies into IFIA membership and to the Metals and Minerals Committee.
In addition to their general requirements as IFIA members, all IFIA members involved in the testing, inspection and certification of Metals and Minerals observe a detailed and sector specific Code of Practice. Please click here to view or download a copy.